Good news from Maryland’s Governor Hogan, as he has allowed the opening of golf courses in Maryland! Most Delaware courses have been open for some time with various restrictions. We believe that we will now be able to adhere to our revised golf schedule and begin leagues in June.
However, there will be an impact on how we play golf this season as we go through Phase 1 of the Covid-19 virus recovery. Keeping everyone safe is our priority as well as the course managers. Your decision to play golf under different guidelines/protocols from our area golf courses is strictly voluntary and a personal one based upon your circumstances.
Your Chapter leaders will be participating in a Zoom Board meeting on Wednesday, May 13th to address the guidelines and protocols as they apply to our leagues. We have been continuously monitoring CDC, State, Local, and LPGA Amateurs guidelines. We are expecting there will be some protocol differences among the various golf courses that we play. We will communicate with our League Captains who will be the points of contact for course-by-course guidelines and protocols.
You can expect us to issue the following information following our May 13th Board meeting:
- General recommendations for members who choose to play golf;
- An eblast announcing league signup date (we are planning for May 15th);
- Weekly Evites that delineate various guidelines/restrictions for golf play at weekly golf course;
- Changes in our event calendar.
It will be important for you to think about whether you will want to play golf under different and changeable guidelines. Some of these guidelines MAY include:
- Walking only – requiring a pull or push cart, or one person per cart;
- Providing credit card information in advance for course fee;
- Closed or limited Pro shop access with no food or drink service;
- Limited bathroom services.
Please continue to stay safe. We are excited that we will finally be able to play the game that we all LOVE!!!
Judy Kight, President
- May 7, 2020