Important COVID Update Message to LPGA Amateurs GTA Chapter Members
We would like to notify all members of the LPGA Amateurs - GTA Chapter that Golf Ontario advises of changes implemented for Step 3 (effective Friday July 16, 2021) based on Ontario Regulation 364/20 with respect to Golf Facility Best Practices During COVID-19.
GO-010-Golf Operations-Updated for Step 3: At this point, there are no masks required on golf carts. For reference, on a call with the Ministry of Sport on July 9 it was clearly stated that “participants in a sport are not required to wear a mask”. If there is any doubt on this, please continue to consult your local Public Health Unit for clarity.
While it appears that the provincial regulations for Step 3 no longer require the wearing of masks while on golf carts, we understand that some of our members may feel uncomfortable sharing a golf cart with an unmasked player or player whose vaccine status is unknown. Therefore, we would encourage players who may feel uncomfortable sharing a cart with another player to take one of the following steps:
- Please have a conversation with your riding partner prior to the beginning of your round about what you can both do so that both players feel comfortable and safe.
- If you are unable to come to an agreement with your riding partner on reasonable measures to protect you both, then we would suggest:
- If you continue to share a golf-cart, have one player drive the cart with both players clubs and the other player walk the course. At the half-way point of your round you can switch up driver and walker positions.
- Rent a golf cart for yourself as a single rider. Members will have to incur any additional cost of renting a single rider cart.
- Opt to walk the course using a push-cart; not only will you be able to ensure social distancing, but you’ll get some additional exercise and be able to take in the beauty of the course.
- Jul 24, 2021
Our goal is to create a safe, comfortable and enjoyable environment for all our members. We hope the above suggestions will help you develop the best plan for your individual circumstances and personal safety.