2022 Year in Review
- Chapter members met for two events during the cold winter months. The post-holiday luncheon at the Stage House in Somerset was held on January 8. It included the always popular and fun white elephant gift exchange. On February 26th a pre-season simulator event took place at the Mercer Golf Academy in Princeton.
- The TEE-OFF luncheon was held at the Knob Hill Golf Club on March 19. Members were inspired by the words of LPGA professional Debbie O’Connell, enjoyed shopping at the vendor tables and learned about the plans for the upcoming season.
- New members were welcomed to the chapter with a ZOOM orientation held March 31 and a new member outing at Neshanic Valley Golf Club on April 9.
- Our first event of the season took place at RiverWinds Golf Course on April Coastal, Westchester and Northern NJ, a MultiChapter scramble, a mid-week event at Cherry Valley and the annual Play for PINK fundraiser.
- The chapter offered 6 leagues this year. These included the match play league for competitive golfers, the Friday afternoon Wanderer’s 18 hole league as well as 9 hole afterwork leagues at The Meadows, Neshanic Valley Academy Course and the Mercer County golf courses.
- The chapter had 2 match play teams who competed in the Cup Qualifier, that was held in Clifton, VA at the Twin Lakes Golf Course in September: The Scramblers and the Back 9 Bandits. The Scramblers will be playing in the National Championship – The Cup Finals, which will be held at the Horseshoe Bay Resort, in Horseshoe Bay TX, near Ausitin TX, on 10/29 and 10/30.
- Members also had the opportunity to hone their skills by participating in a virtual session on the rules of golf and a skills clinic held at the Neshanic Valley Academy. Our handicap chair, Barbara Curran, helped members gain a better understanding of handicaps in a virtual session as well.
- The season closed with our annual final putt scramble event and luncheon held at the Hopewell Valley Golf Course on October 15.
Thanks to all the hard-working volunteers who organized these events and made this year such a success!