In continuance of the spirit of the LPGA Staff Act Like a Founder Award and to honor Nancy Oliver, the LPGA and LPGA Amateur Golf Association announced the Nancy Oliver - Act Like a Founder Award. This award recognizes the “Act Like a Founder” qualities of our dedicated LPGA Amateurs’ volunteers and connects our organization with the LPGA family.
The Nancy Oliver - Act Like a Founder Award will recognize volunteers who:
- Display exceptional long-term volunteer leadership and service to the LPGA Amateur Golf Association
- Exemplify the passion, spirit and mission of the LPGA Amateurs by enriching women’s lives through the game of golf
- Advocate for the local LPGA Amateurs Chapter and association as a whole
- Positively engage with LPGA Amateurs members and the local community
- Desire to leave the Chapter and the LPGA Amateurs Golf Association better than she found it
The winner of the Nancy Oliver – Act Like a Founder Award will receive:
- Round trip airfare, 4 nights lodging, ground transportation for the LPGA Bank of Hope Founders Cup event in Phoenix, AZ
- Award presentation & recognition at the LPGA Pioneer Dinner held during the Founders Cup tournament week
- Special interaction with the LPGA Founders and LPGA Tour players at the event
We encourage you to nominate a fellow member who exemplifies the qualities of a Founder. The submission deadline is September 30, 2019 and the Nancy Oliver – Act Like a Founder Award winner will be announced on November 15, 2019. Nominations are now being accepted through this online form.