Join other Women - and reap the benefits of this extraordinary organization.
Membership in LPGA AMATEURS TRIANGLE NC offers a wealth of opportunities to learn, make new friends, and explore the game of golf in a new way, including:
So many wonderful golf events
are played throughout the triangle area every year.
Help spread the word by sending any tournament information to play or help with to the chapter
The board will look it over and post it for members.
Click OUTSIDE TOURNAMENTS to take you directly to the list of tournaments to play in.
Click VOLUNTEER go to the list of tournaments or golf organizations to volunteer your time.
Check in every now and then and see if you can spread the love of golf.
2020 LPGA AMATEUR GOLF ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
LPGA AMATEURS TRIANGLE NC BOARD MEMBER
LPGA AMATEURS CORE VALUES
The LPGA Amateurs believes in and conducts itself according to the values embodied in the game of golf:
Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Honor, Sportsmanship, Fun & Friendship
In addition, we believe in and support:
• Inclusivity and diversity; golf is for all
• Golf as an important asset for women business
• Volunteer service
• Mentoring and support for new golfers
• Advancement of golf skills for all golfers
• Making a difference for women’s golf
• Professionalism in operations and relationships
LPGA AMATEURS RULES
• Listen to understand
• Assume value and good intent
• Respect the inherent worth and dignity of every person
• Separate the person from the behavior
• It’s not me vs. you, but us versus the issues
• Stay open and non-defensive
• Value diverse perspectives
• Create an environment where everyone feels free to speak
• Share “air time”
• No side bars
• No multi-tasking
Maintain sense of humor
• Have fun!
To the best of my ability I will:
• Conduct my personal actions with regards to LPGA AMATEURS business in accordance with the LPGA AMATEURS Core Values and House Rules
• Submit a written Report to the Board prior to each Board Meeting to enable us to focus on larger strategic issues instead of insignificant details.
• Attend all Board Meetings or secure a substitute from my team if I am unable to attend myself.
• Ensure completion of all of my team’s action items. When we are unable to deliver on any action item I will communicate with the Chapter President outlining the challenges that we are facing. I will also seek assistance or counsel with fellow Board Members and/or the LPGA AMATEURS Chapter Development Team (which includes our Chapter Development Specialist) to help me move forward in completing the actions that I have committed to and the Chapter counting on.
• Allow enough planning time to avoid urgent matters.
• Offer my complete cooperation with fellow Board members to operate as an effective unit.
• Set aside my personal preferences, avoid personality clashes and refrain from gossip for the good of the Chapter.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Honor the boards agreed upon method for conflict resolution.
• Positive support majority decisions by the Board even if it goes against my personal preferences.
• Be generous with my praise when celebrating each other’s success and compassionate and considerate during a learning experience.
• Attempt to honor my teammate’s communication preferences. Help create and maintain a welcoming, positive atmosphere that attracts those willing to help and contribute to the running of our Chapter.
• Help create and maintain a welcoming, positive atmosphere that retains our current members and attracts new members to our Chapter.
LPGA AMATEURS Triangle-Board Descriptions
• Oversee General Chapter Operations via Directors
• Conduct Chapter Board Meetings
• Chapter Leadership Development / Succession Planning
• Oversee the Chapter Election Process via the NominatingCommittee
• Primary Liaison for: o LPGA AMATEURS HQ Staff o Volunteer Chapter Development Specialists o LPGAFoundation
• Promote / Attend LPGA Events & Web Conferences
• Provides direction to Kick-off Committee Chair
MEMBER SERVICES & RECRUITMENT DIRECTOR
• Builds and oversees a Team to assist with the following tasks:
• Member Welcome Program
• Member Profile
• Member Orientations
• Volunteer Enrollment
• Volunteer Recognition
• Golf Mentoring Program
• Member Recruitment Activities
• Member Recruitment Events
• Community Relations
• Ensure Chapter Exceeds LPGA AMATEURS Member Minimum Standard Requirement
EVENTS & ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR
Builds and oversees a Team to assist with the following tasks:
• Golf Activities: Golf Events, Golf Leagues, Golf Education
• Non-Golf Activities: Social and Networking Groups & Events
• Charity Events / Rally For The Cure
• Inter-Chapter Events, i.e. Lone Star Cup, Dixie Cup
• Chapter Events Calendar
• Provides direction to Raleigh Cup Committee& Golf Event Committee
GOLF PROGRAMS & SERVICES DIRECTOR
• Organize, Promote and Conduct
• Golf Clinics/Lessons
• Special Events
• Golf Leagues [Nine-after-five]
• Rules, Etiquette & Handicap Education
• Newsletter/Website “tip of the week”, “Rule of the week”, etc.
• LPGA AMATEURS Handicap System
• Chapter Championship
• Champions Cup
• USGA Compliance
• Provides direction toHandicap Chair & Chapter Championship Chair
FINANCE & RECORDS DIRECTOR
Builds and oversees a Team to assist with the following tasks:
• File Required LPGA AMATEURS Submissions
• Compliance with Chapter & Association Policies
• Financial Oversight o Maintains Chapter Bank Account(s) and investment accounts •Develop / Monitor Budget o Year End Financials o Tax Returns
• Business Requirements o Tax Exempt Status o Incorporation Status o Insurance
• Chapter Master Calendar
• Meeting Minutes
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
• Builds and oversees a Team to assist with the following tasks:
• Compliance with LPGA AMATEURS Branding Requirements
• Media Relations o Press Releases o Community Calendars o TV, Radio, Print Interviews • Help Promote LPGA AMATEURS Events to the Community
• Chapter Communications o Chapter Website o Social Networking (Facebook, etc.)
• Newsletters / Blasts / Evite o Help Promote LPGA AMATEURS Events to Members
• Chapter Partners / Sponsors
• Provides directions to Sponsorship Chair & Website Chair
Swing Pals Volunteer Opportunities Available at Hillandale Golf Course weekly. Get involved in a great organization.
More info and to sign up: www.swingpals.org
Phone: (919)808-7458 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ai-Hwei Yang Spirit Award
About the Award
Ai-Hwei Yang was one of our most active members, was passionate about golf and LPGA Amateur Association. She unselfishly gave her knowledge, time, advice and friendship to the members of the Triangle NC Chapter and truly embodied the spirit in which our Chapter was created.
When Ai-Hwei passed in 2016, a group of members and the Board of Directors decided to keep that spirit and enthusiasm alive by acknowledging each year one member of the LPGA Amateur Association - Triangle NC Chapter who, throughout the year, embodied that spirit, enthusiasm and fellowship.
Please consider nominating a fellow member or even yourself. We want to recognize an individual who in the past year demonstrated many of the following of Ai-Hwei’s characteristics:
Nominators should submit the characteristics demonstrated from the list above and describe the actions and rationale that make her/his nominee deserving of this prestigious award. Any additional information that may assist the Chapter in making the selection may also be added to the form. Self nominations are also permitted.
Nominations begin in mid-October. All nominations will be submitted to the full membership for voting starting mid November . The President of the Chapter will present the award at the Annual Year End Dinner.
To provide opportunities for women to learn, play, and enjoy the game of golf for business and for life.
Whether you are a new golfer looking for a welcoming environment to learn the game, or an accomplished player seeking the challenges of our Association championship series, we are here to meet your needs.
Whether you're looking for an occasional round of informal golf, or a chance to play regularly with other avid golfers, we are here!
LPGA Amateurs Triangle enlists the help of its members to act as an ambassador between the golf course and the members the day of the event. Your job as host is to make sure that the LPGA AMATEURS TRIANGLE NC remain in good standing with the course.
Check players in as they arrive.
Report reduction or name changes to the pro shop or starter immediately upon notice.
Shuffle pairings as needed to maintain pace of play and course requirements.
Make sure everyone gets to the tee box on time and ready to play.
If you are interested in hosting an event please sign up on our EVENTS PAGE
Sign Up Policy
10 days before the event- Initial invitation sent
5 - 6 days before the event - Invite reminder to those who have NOT responded
Wednesday before the event - Registration closes
Friday before the event - Reminder and pairings created by the EVENTS DIRECTOR and sent to those responding YES. This pairing sheet also has the host's name, email and phone number.
Cancel online by Thursday 11:59 am before the event.
If you cancel after the Thursday11:59 am deadline, please contact the host for the event (this will be on the invite) or email the EVENTS DIRECTOR
NO SHOWS ARE UNACCEPTABLE
Triangle Chapter Events
P - Private Club
C - Co-event with another chapter
T- National/Sectional Tournament
|Month||Day||Date||*||Location||Cost||Time|| Link to
|January||Sun||26||Lochmere Golf Club, Cary NC||$35||12:30pm||REGISTER||N/A|
|Wed||29||P||Brier Creek Country Club, Raleigh NC||$45||12:10pm||REGISTER||N/A|
|February||Sun||9||C||Dogwood Country Club, Raleigh NC - Indoor Golf||$15||1:00-4:0pm||REGISTER||N/A|
|Tues||4||Raleigh Golf Association (RGA), Raleigh NC||$32/20||10:30am||REGISTER||N/A|
|Mon||17||Umstead Pines Golf and Swim, Durham NC||$29||9:52am||REGISTER||N/A|
|March||Sun||1||Chapel Ridge Golf Club, Pittsboro NC||$40||12:30||N/A|
|Sun||14||Eagle Ridge Golf Club, Raleigh NC||$35||11:00am||REGISTER||N/A|
|Sun||15|| Sandhills Chapter Kick Off - Pinewild Country Club, Pinehurst NC
Breakfast and Optional Golf
|Sun||22||Pine Hollow Golf Club, Clayton NC||$37||12:51pm||REGISTER||N/A|
|P|| Triangle Chapter Kick Off - Devils Ridge Country Club, Holly Springs NC
Dinner and Optional Golf
|April||Sun||5||P||Brier Creek Country Club, Raleigh NC||$65||1:00pm||POSTPONED|
|Sun||12||Hillandale Golf Club, Durham NC||$30||1:00pm||POSTPONED|
|Sat/Sun||17/18||T||LPGA Amateurs Stableford Tournament, Sewailo Golf Club, Tucson AZ||POSTPONED|
|Sat||18||Lochmere Golf Club, Cary NC||$42/35||11:30pm||POSTPONED|
|Sun||26||Pine Hollow Golf Club, Clayton NC||$39||1:00pm||POSTPONED|
|May||Sat||2||Eagle Ridge Golf Course, Raleigh NC||$35||12:00pm|
|Sat||9||Lonnie Poole Golf Course, Raleigh NC||$55||11:00am|
|Thur||14||P||Bentwinds Golf and Country Club, Fuguay Varina NC||$50||11:40am|
|Sat||16||Hyland Golf Club, Southern Pines, NC||$40||11:00am|
|Fri/Sat||22/23||C||LPGA Amateurs Scramble Open, Pinehurst Resort, Pinehurst NC|
|Sun||31||UNC Finley Golf Course, Chapel Hill NC||$54||1:00pm|
|June||Sat||6||C||Mill Creek Golf Club, Mebane NC; (joint with Pietmont/Triad Chapter) Triangle Host||$50||1:00pm|
|Thur||18||P||MacGregor Downs County Club, Cary, NC||$65||1:00pm|
|Sat||20||Reedy Creek Golf Club, Four Oaks NC||$45||11:00am|
|Sat/Sun||27/28||T|| LPGA Amateurs Atlantic Cup Qualifier - The Legends Golf Resort
Myrtle Beach, SC
|Sun||28||Duke University Golf Club, Durham, NC - Optional Scramble Format - MEETUP||$70||11:00am|
|July||Sun||5||Umstead Pines Golf and Swim Club, Durham NC - Fun for the Fourth !||$36||1:00pm|
|Sun||12||Tobacco Road Golf Club, Sanford NC - Joint with Sandhills Chapter, Triangle Host|| $69/with
$20 Golf Shop
|Sat||18||Chapel Ridge Golf Club, Pittsboro NC - Joint with Piedmont Chapter - Triangle Host||$45||11:00am|
|Tues||21||P||Treyburn Country Club, Durham NC||$60||10:30am|
|Sat||25||Wil-Mar Golf Club, Raleigh NC||$38||11:00am|
|Jul/Aug||Fri/Sat||31/1||T||LPGA Amateurs Cup Finals - Geneva National Golf Course, Geneva WI|
|August||Sat||2||The Crossings Golf Club, Durham||$39||1:00pm|
|8||C||Tanglewood Golf Club, Clemmons NC - Joint with Piedmont Triad - Triad Host|
|Sun||16||Riverwood Golf and Athletic Club, Clayton NC -||$35||1:00pm|
|Sat||22||T||LPGA Amateurs Championship Sectionals - Tanglewood Golf Club, Clemmons NC||$45||1:00pm|
|Sun||23||The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club, Chapel Hill NC||$45||1:00pm|
|Mon||24||P||Governors Club Golf Course, Chapel Hill NC||$60||9:00am|
|Sat||29||Heritage Golf Club, Wake Forest NC||$60||12:00pm|
|September||Sat||5||Occoneechee Golf Club, Hillsbourgh NC||$37||11:00am|
|Sat||12||The Neuse Golf Club, Clayton NC||$40||11:00am|
|Sat||19||C||Sandhills Cup , Quail Ridge Golf Club, Sanford NC - Joint with Sandhills (Sandhills Host)|
|Sat/Sun||26/27||C||Dixie Cup - Etowah Valley Golf Club & Lodge, Etowah NC, (Charolette Host)|
|October||3||River Ridge Golf Club, Raleigh NC||$47||11:00am|
|17||Raleigh Golf Association (RGA), Raleigh NC||$42/30||12:00pm|
|24||Keith Hills Golf Club, Lillington NC||$39||12:00pm|
|31||Legacy Golf Links, Aberdeen, NC "Great Pumpkin Race" - Joint with Sandhills - (Sandhills Host)||$39||TBD|
|November||Fri/Sat||6/7||LPGA Amateurs Championship Finals, La Cantera Resort, San Antonio, TX|
GOLF OUTSIDE THE CHAPTER
The Chapter is happy to help promote the following local charity tournaments and ladies leagues that our member can participate in outside the chapter events.
If you become aware of a local tournament for either playing or volunteering in please forward it to our COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR. The board will review it and publish it both here and on Facebook.
SHARE THE LOVE OF GOLF!
LPGA Golf 101 is a group instruction program designed to be an overview of the game, how to swing, basic rules & etiquette and how to play on the course. It is perfect for the new or returning golfer or that casual golfer looking for the next step in skill and knowledge. 5 hours of instruction taught over 2 days (2.5 hours each day). Level 1 classes provided for the brand new golfer and Level 2 classes provided for the players that have completed Level1. Students will need to attend all days of a session as each session is not taught identically based on skill sets of participants. Make-up classes will be offered only if weather conditions require a class to be canceled.
$99 per person; total of 5 hours of instruction.
Nick Zurowski Instructor - Nick is a PGA Class A Professional Instructor any additional questions please contact him at: email@example.com
To sign up click here DONA LERNER GOLF ACADEMY
choose "Book at Lesson" on the upper right.
choose "Book Clinic" on the left
Thursday March 19, 2020 and Friday March 20, 2020 at 12:00 PM
Saturday March 21, 2020 and Saturday March 28, 2020 at 1:00 PM
Saturday April 18, 2020 and Saturday April 25, 2020 at 1:00 PM
Thursday April 23, 2020 and Friday April 24, 2020 at 12:00 PM
Saturday May 9, 2020 and Saturday May 16, 2020 at 1:00 PM
Wednesday May 13, 2020 and Friday May 15, 2020 at 5:30 PM
Wednesday May 20, 2020 and Friday May 22, 2020 at 5:30 PM
LPGA Amateurs Triangle Chapter Members only
In addition, the LPGA AMATEURS National Corporate Sponsors and Supporting Sponsors are listed on the bottom of our webiste. Our sponsors offer benefits to all LPGA AMATEURS members worldwide. We hope your will join us in supporting them.
Just click on the sponsor logo to take you directly to their site.
The Glenwood Agency is devoted to providing the highest level of client focused real estate services in the Raleigh area. Using a cutting-edge real estate office concept, The Glenwood Agency has carefully assembled a unique team of marketing and real estate professionals who are dedicated to providing clients with the information they need to make sound financial decisions in the purchase or sale of their home.
At The Glenwood Agency, we pride ourselves on the quality of our work, our commitment to our clients' dreams and our success in the marketplace.
Whether you’re just looking for thorough preventive care or want to build a beautiful new smile, Riccobene Associates Family Dentistry is here to offer you and your family complete care from the moment you walk through our door. Our dedicated staff specializes in helping you maintain top-notch oral health with cutting-edge technology, unparalleled expertise, and a gentle hand.
From our family to yours—wherever in Raleigh or elsewhere in North Carolina you may be—Riccobene Associates Family Dentistry is extending our hands and smiles to bring you and your loved ones the best possible dental care.
We offer 31 locations for you and your family throughout North Carolina, and we hope to see you at one of them soon.
A North Carolina & South Carolina Golf Store That Has It All!
From clubs, bags and golf equipment to extensive women’s apparel – our Calabash,
North Carolina golf shop boasts an internationally-recognized ladies golf store that has all your golf needs covered.
Whether you are looking for golf items for yourself or gifts for the golfers in your life,
Lori’s Golf Shoppe is the place for fashionable North Carolina and South Carolina golf apparel.
Lori's Golf Shoppe 2, a sister store to the internationally known Lori's Golf Shoppe in Calabash, North Carolina is proud to bring a ladies golf shop
exclusively dedicated to women's golf apparel and accessories to the Pinehurst, NC area.
Check out the pottery, not only do they have many of Seagrove's finest Pottery Artists in their gallery but sensational potters from all over the state
have come to display their works to create perhaps the most diverse and extensive pottery galley int the region.
Towel it up has made a fun and functional seat cover
for your golfing comfort!
Our towels keep you cool and dry in the summer, warm in the winter.
Those of us who have them, cant imagine golfing without them.
Play comfortably. Play better!
Dogwood Country Club
Powered by TrackMan, our indoor golf simulation technology
puts over 30 championship courses from all across the world
at your fingertips. Bring your sticks or use ours, dress
how you'd like to dress (shoes optional), and play your game!
No experience necessary.
Join us at Dogwood for a great experience.
2020 LPGA AMATEUR GOLF ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS